Paul (Blog | LinkedIn | Twitter) is a Mentor with SolidQ and a Microsoft SQL Server MVP. He consults, writes, speaks, teaches & blogs about business intelligence and reporting solutions. He works with companies around the world to visualize and deliver critical information to make informed business decisions. He is a Director of the Oregon SQL PASS chapter & user group, the lead author of Professional SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services and 11 other titles from Wrox & Microsoft Press.
Paul is a Mentor for SolidQ and a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) for SQL Server and BI. He’s an active member of the SQL Server community and Director of the Oregon SQL user group. Prior to his transition to SolidQ, he spent seven years with Hitachi Consulting’s national Business Intelligence and Process Management team. He lives with his family in sunny Vancouver, Washington. He has been architecting, managing and developing applications and business intelligence solutions for large and small businesses since 1992. He has developed custom database, BI and reporting solutions for many large and small organizations throughout the world. Prior to specializing in BI solution design, his expertise has included project lifecycle management, database modeling and design using SQL Server versions 6.0 through 2012, application development and user interface design using ASP.NET, and enterprise BI solutions using SQL Server Reporting Services, Integration Services and Analysis Services. He teaches, develops training courseware, speaks at industry conferences and has authored and co-authored several technical books. He speaks at several Microsoft technology conferences and events and has presented at the Professional Association for SQL Server (PASS) global summit since 2004.
He is a member of the TechNet Wiki Advisory Board, an MSDN forum moderator, has been a Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD) since 1996 and maintains certifications in software architecture and development, database administration (MCDBA) and project management methodologies (MSF & IT Project+.) He holds the current MCTS and MCITP certifications for SQL Server BI.
Paul has authored and co-authored several books and training courses including:
- Professional SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services (Wrox Press) – in production
- SQL Server MVP Deep Dives vol. 2 (Manning Press)
- Reporting Services Recipes for Expert Reports (Wrox Press)
- Beginning T-SQL for SQL Server 2005 and 2008 (Wrox Press)
- Beginning Transact-SQL for SQL Server 2000 and 2005 (Wrox Press)
- Professional SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services (Wrox Press)
- Professional SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services (Wrox Press)
- Professional SQL Server Reporting Services(2000) (Wrox Press)
- SQL Server 2005 Integration Services Step by Step (Microsoft Press)
- Beginning SQL Server 2005 Administration (Wrox Press)
- Professional SQL Server 2000 Data Warehousing with Analysis Services (Wrox Press)
- Professional Access 2000 Programming (Wrox Press)
- HC-850: SQL Server 2008 Business Intelligence Solutions (Hitachi Course)
- HC-880: SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services Solutions (Hitachi Course)